Friday, January 16, 2009

Going the Distance

Song/Title written by CAKE.

So this week I got really really sick. I've been off my feet forever now, and on top of that, I've had the make up all of the work and tests I missed at school. And since it's 11:30 PM, I'm just going to make this a quick little type-up and go to bed.

And when I'm tired, all of these weird ideas come out of my brain, and I just kind of lop together indeas instead of forming some kind of logical order for things to be in. So if something I write just doesn't seem right or it's just completely random, I apologize in advance.

So, just a few days ago I learned how to drive a stick-shift. (Driving lessons, etc.) I hate it. What a stupid, useless idea. I'm never buying a stick shift. On the way home today the car stalled 4 times, twice at the same stop sign with 4 people sitting behind me. My mom says that a stick shift is more "sporty," "more affordable," etc.

Bull.

I've been drawing a lot lately. I've got 2 periods of Art class right at the end of the day, and a nearly limitless horde of art supplies. These coloring penclis called "PrismaColors" are absolutely amazing looking and feeling. I get to use them for free in class, and if I bought them from Micheals or somewhere then I'd pay mor ethan a dollar per pencil. They're expensive. But anyways, I've been working a lot on that and graphite drawing, too. In the beginning I was all excited to draw portraits and that kind of thing, but I'm just too impatient to do that. I've never truly finished a portrait before, and I think it's just because I've got the attention span of a goldfish and so if something becomes boring, then I just stop doing it and might pick it up again months later. But I've just been doodling around with a ton of different mediums, everything from charcoal to pastels to acrylic paint. It's fun to play with the different tools that I've got access to.

G'night all. I'm looking forward to this entire 3 day weekend so that I can sleep for the entire 72 hours and make up for all the sleep I've missed in the past 2 weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You should post some of your art. I want to see it!

January 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger harwood said...

Stick shifts rock! If you give up now you'll lose out on one of the great thrills of life.

January 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home