Friday, October 10, 2008

Oye Como Va

Yeah, a Spanish title. Probably the only use that I'll have for taking Spanish 3. Roughly translated, "Oye Como Va" means "Listen How it Goes." Excellent song from Santana.

Not too much going on over here, as usual. Discovered a ton of "new" music, everything from the new Metallica album to Cream to UB40 to Eric Johnson. Ginger Baker is old. Ancient, I mean. Just look at him here: (Just because he's 72 years old doesn't mean that he can't still play with a rockin' 10 minute drum solo.)



Yeah. Cream has really good songs. At least, they would be good if they all weren't the same thing repeating over and over again for 10 minutes. Hey, it's Eric Clapton. You have to respect that, if not anything else.

Oh, and apparently Uncle Bobby has played in a gig with Baker's son. Weird. Thanks for telling me this 5 years ago, when I was actually at the gig, dad.

I'm listening to Poison right now. Yeah. "Glam" Rock. It rocks.

And now Kansas just came on. "Carry On Wayward Son." I've moved away from the Beatles a bit. In fact, I haven't even listened to one of their songs in a whole day. *Gasp!*

Alright, this post was basically a ramble of nonsense, but hey. I'm tired. I have a three day weekend. Never expect to really think about anything in that kind of situation.

Days of School Left: I'll figure that out later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie and Jim said...

Five years ago if I would have said, "Hey this guy is Ginger Baker's son" you would have said, ginger baker? who is she? And I would have said, HE is the drummer from Cream. and you would have said, What is Cream. And i would have said, Eric Clapton was their guitar player. And you would still have had no idea who Ginger Baker, or his son were. So now, that you have discovered it, you can say, hey I met that guy's son.

October 19, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home