Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Song/Title written by Nirvana.

There are lots of problems with being a teenager. I know that I can be just about the world's biggest pain in the *Insert any body part here* and that I'm just overall annoying. My dad wonders why I listen to DragonForce or Alien Ant Farm and why I think Metallica is one of the best bands ever. My mom simply wonders why she gave me car keys two weeks ago. But all of you remember being teenagers, and you also remember that it absolutely SUCKED to be a teenager. Would any of you repeat the experience? I didn't think so. In all reality, no one can possibly recall their odd teenager-hood with real optimism. No one. I wonder why. Maybe someday I'll find out. Maybe when I've got my own teenagers writing blogs about it.

Anyways, the absolute, number one, mind-numbingly horrible, most annoying part of being a teenager is waking up every morning and suddenly remembering that US History Test that you're taking that morning. In 1st period. Before anyone is really awake. And knowing full well that you didn't study for it.

Does a day start any worse? I doubt it. And I actually did study for that test. Really, mom. Quiz me. Chapter 13 in the "American Pageant." Andrew Jackson. The Tarriff of Abominations. Etc.

The best part of being a teenager is waking up on Christmas Day. You know that all day you're parents won't be mad at you for anything. For ONE WHOLE DAY! In fact, even though you were a complete and total donkey this year, "Santa" still brought you free stuff! Gotta love that guy. He's one of my personal heroes. Go Santa. And Pengins, too. Go Penguins.

Happy Feet is one of my favorite movies. Don't ask.

And now, my rant is done. *Sigh...*

On a completely different note, I found just about the funniest thing I've ever seen in my short life on YouTube the other day. And most of you will be wondering what I must have been smoking to think that these videos were funny. But I'll post them here anyways.

Fred Loses his Meds


Fred Goes Swimming


And that's all from me. Thanks for reading!

~Jameson

Days of School left: 124 (More than 1/4 done!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Mandi said...

You are a very talented writer, Jameson. And pretty funny too!
Mandi

October 29, 2008 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger The Real Jim Heywood said...

I agree with the talented part. I don't agree with your assessment of teenage-hood: I loved my teens (except for the test things).

October 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Heywood Clan said...

I remember my teenage years. I was a perfect angel:)

October 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger mikeylikesit said...

About the history test thing... It doesn't change much in college. Well, not for me anyway.

October 31, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Jim said...

Handing a kid who has driven for two hours and letting him transport you home with his three siblings is akin to turning on the lawn mower and letting a five year old cut the grass.

It also illustrates a lot of FAITH in that 16 year old son and the world in general.

Great post!

That lady who puts her life in your hands everyday.

November 1, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know what you are talking about Jameson. I think being a teenager is fine. But I'm optomistic and you're not so, yah. There are some REALLY sucky things I'll admit, but as a whole it's ok. Just ok. Maybe a little better. I LOVE FRED!!!!
Love,
Emma

November 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Cathie said...

You have a point about not wanting to repeat past years of your life, but I still think repeating teenaged years sounds better than repeating old age.

November 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

I don't know you, but being a teenage isn't so bad!

December 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home